Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sisters


My sister and I have a close bond, one that is founded somewhat on our mutual jealousy of each other. My understanding is that she feels as though she lives in my shadow, but I also live in hers.

And, it's getting old.

I love her dearly. She is an amazing, inspiring, beautiful young woman. I get it. She is striking and memorable and remarkable. I know-- I have known her for a long time. I love that about her.

But please--- you've got to understand--- I'm sick of hearing about it, and of being used.

So, land of the internet-- Please stop contacting me for the "hidden" agenda of reconnecting with, or telling me about, or hoping to learn about my sister. Stop sending me facebook messages asking how she is, where she is now and telling me some lame story about how she was so important to your development as a person.

Stop getting on instant chat to ask me how I am followed by " how's your sister?", " has your sister been well?", " has your sister disappeared?" 2-5 lines later. I won't answer you. I won't pass on your number. I am a person too, not just a way to reach her. I am not her secretary.

And for the love of everything holy-- if in the past-- I threatened your life, or thought you were the worst thing that has ever happened to her--- I WILL NOT be your friend, pass along your message or tell you anything about her. STOP contacting me.

So, internet friends-- if you are only using me to get to her-- please stop.

thank you.

4 comments:

Khalila Neferet said...

You sound courageous, focused and willing to break free. I think it makes you even more beautiful and sincere. If more people were willing to let go of pathological patterns that lead to codependency and relationships that feed the disease, it would be a world of balance.

sergius.blessed said...

You are so similar like a twins :)
Two nice woman faces :)

sergius.blessed said...

Some else :) Guys - will you look at my wish list what wife I want ??
There - http://sergiusg.blogspot.com/

Kris said...

Um.. Creepozoid.

1. the comments are weird
2. your blog is an abomination
3. you actually have on your list of specifics "must not like dogs"

Somethings wrong with that guy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails