Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hermit, Recluse, Etc..

I can recall times that my mother would go on trips to Georgia to visit my Aunt Jill and Uncle Howard. During these trips, she would be gone for only a week at most. My pop's would start to go weird with worry and separation anxiety. In fact, it got to the point that whenever mom would leave, she would tell my brother and I to keep him company. This is odd because he would keep himself busy and distance himself from all of us while everyone was at home. I don't know if it were some sort of loner mentality, or the need to have privacy, however, when she would leave he would change and one could tell that he really missed her.
Andrea has been gone now for seven hours, and I'm experiencing the same things I'm sure he felt. I've already accomplished the things she wants done before she returns from her business in Las Vegas. I'm bored and lonely, and have no one to talk to. How pitiful am I? On the drive back from the airport the wave of snow that has since accumulated into about an inch and a half, was just beginning to fall. Even if I wanted to go outside to keep my mind from weirding itself out, I would have to face twenty degree gusts of bitterly cold lake effect Chicago snow. At least I have Wellstone, Gizmo, and this. I guess that what I'm really trying to say is that phone calls are more than welcome.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Sweetheart,

I love you. I will of course call you every chance I get. Don't be lonely, you should embrace this time alone and enjoy the mock-bachelorhood. I will be home Wednesday, with lots of stories and pictures to share.

Go out and do something, meet some people, take care of my baby puppy and baby cat.

Miss you, wish you were here.

Gypsies, Tramps and Theives just isnt the same without you!

Anonymous said...

So what this really means is PARTY!Just make sure you have a place to throw away the trash before Andrea comes home so that you dont get caught! LOL

The Critic said...

too bad you gave up beer, punk. now's your chance to roll around in it.

plus, i'm sure if i send your sis, the one i'm married to, a text, she'll skype you.

or if you go here:

http://thedavidgroup.blogspot.com and type in that widdle cute purple box, someone will reply. especially if it says that someone is online.

Dave said...

I have some Jameson wixxy' to keep me company.

Now, back to my party. My party of solitude. This is the theme of my three day self actualizing loneliness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VNx78SAq8M

Anonymous said...

Do you realize that you just compared yourself to Dad? Al? What is happening to you? Next thing you know you'll be ranting about stem cell research on Christmas Eve ... I mean from the other side.

Related Posts with Thumbnails