Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Holiday Must-Haves #1: The Rat Pack



Two days after Thanksgiving, I was ready for the onslaught of Holiday cheer. I was ready for the tree, with all the trimmings, the shopping and the lights. I was looking forward to choosing perfect gifts for my friends and family. I couldn't help but anticipate the 25 days of Christmas specials shown on ABC Family. Bring on the White Christmas, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Mr. Pessimistic, however, was completely against the tree idea. He didnt even want to put it up this year, as it would take up so much of our precious space. That was, until, I came home one day to find the tree up and the lights applied, with Frank Sinatra swooning, " Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" in the backgorund.

Apparently, the one true motivator for Holiday Cheer is Christmas with The Rat Pack.

Just listening to Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin belt out classic Christmas tunes, like "White Christmas", "Silver Bells", and our personal favorite "Baby It's Cold Outside" will put any scrooge in the spirit, or at least it worked on Mr. Pessimistic. All he had to do was listen to our favorite Christmas CD and he was on board for the tree, the lights and even the shopping.

This CD is the first Holiday Must-Have. The season just can't start until you hear it.
A.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really big on the holiday films too.I love to watch them right when December arrives. For instance, I just recieved a copy of the Limited Edition Christmas Classics DVD set, which includes movies like "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", "Frosty the Snowman", and "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" and 4 others.It came with a hoilday cd as well. I work with them, so I consider it to be my early christmas present. I soon realized that this was the perfect gift for families. It will inspire the family to spend time together watching the best of the holiday movies. So I decided that a simple token of togetherness was what I would be handing out to my relatives and friends this year. You can get the set anywhere they sell DVDs or at http://www.christmasclassics.tv. What better way to spread the holiday cheer?

The Critic said...

Was that a plug?

At any rate, can you believe that the very moment I read this I was currently in the midst of Christmas with the Rat Pack? Wow. sppoooooky.

The Critic said...

As an interesting note, usually "Baby, It's Cold Outside" is done as a duet. Dino, that sly dog, is singing his with a multi-female chorus. He gets around, the crooning little slut.

Related Posts with Thumbnails