Thursday, June 19, 2008

Long Distance Book Club

Welly welly welly welly welly welly well....

If we are going to do this thing, we better make it worth while. First, obviously, we will all need to communicate via the internet, which I believe we can do through this site, since we clearly know it anyway. Second, we need more people. So, if each of us gets at least three other people to do it that would be good. Then there is the issue of what books to read.

I'm thinking, we should all make a list of books we love, or authors we love, and choose one book a month to read.. at the end of the month, we will discuss, via this site. I will keep a list of members of the club, and also the books/authors. ( look to your right, "Book Club" should give it away)

So? Who's in? Comment here and I'll add you to the list! DON'T FORGET TO GET YOUR FRIENDS/FAMILY INTERESTED.. the more the merrier, and this isn't going to be one of those boring, pretentious book clubs. Everyone has equal opinions, and everyone gets to contribute equally.

A.

10 comments:

The Critic said...

I'm in, but only if I get to be pretentious. Sorry, that's my terms.

Dave said...

wouldn't expect any less from you.

Anonymous said...

Of course I am in, and I believe that a very good friend of mine, and her girlfriend are interested as well.

Anonymous said...

I am not exactly sure if anyone else is going to be interested in this one, but I would really like to read I Am Legend, by Richard Matheson, the movie was fantstic, I thought, but the book is supposed to be alot better, set in Los Angeles I think, instead of New York, and I have just heard that it is all around alot better. That is my first suggestion, so go easy on me.

The Critic said...

hellz yeah, i'd be interested in "i am legend." i've read the graphic novel version and i have not seen the movie, but i've been appraised of where it goes on its separate path and i have to say, it doesn't sound like they did the story in favors translating it to the screen.

Anonymous said...

It is one of those things that if there wasn't a book out there the movie would be splendid, but it is just the idea that the book is going to be so much better...like they always are, that makes me so excited to read it. The movie really was good, and you should probably just check it out for the fun of watching a good movie.

Erin said...

Count me in! Although, I never really learned how to read a book critically. I just read for the entertainment value.

red

julie said...

count me. I want to join b/c I have a hard time finding good books to read, so I'm looking forward to reading some good ones!

Erin said...

2 recommendations: The Yiddish Policeman's Union by Michael Chabon. See description here
The Billionaire's Vinegar. See review here

Jason Pfeifer said...

Greetings,

I came across your blog post regarding book clubs. I’m Jason Pfeifer, and some friends and I started an online service called Booksprouts, that allows people to create book clubs, choose books, invite friends, and read and discuss online. We are currently seeking people who might be interested in trying the site out, and giving us feedback on the service. We also welcome people who have blogs to write reviews of the site (good or bad) as a means of feedback. We’re really excited to hear what people think, and on how we can improve the site. It’s 100% free, by the way. Please feel free to check it out.

book clubs

regards,

Jason Pfeifer
Community Manager
Booksprouts.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails