Thursday, March 6, 2008

Skinny Mini

Everyone wants to be thin. It seems the new code for " I want to be skinny so people think I'm attractive" is " I need to live a more healthy lifestyle".

Well, congratulations to all of you who can successfully diet, exercise and deprive yourselves of the foods you love. I am proud of each of you and the amounts of weight you have lost. I envy your will power and determination. I desperately want to be thin also. However, I also want to eat chili cheese fries, onion rings and chocolate, while sipping a 44 oz Mt. Dew.

Eventually I hope to either go back to the gym, or purchase an elliptical machine for my home. I do truly enjoy the machine and it would be nice to feel like I am putting some effort into my health, and be able to stand seeing myself in the mirror, but I will never give up foods I love. I just cannot do it. I want to live my life, and enjoy it. Perhaps I will never be the supermodel the rest of you will be, but I refuse to deprive myself of the things I truly love. And, if you know me at all, you know I LOVE good food.

If only there were a way which didn't require major surgery or effort to have both. Sigh.
A.

4 comments:

The Critic said...

Well, you could always have small portions of your favorite foods.

If there were stronger proof that either a.) god does not exist or b.) if god did exist, s/he is a total asshole, it would be that the tastiest food is the worst for you and the blandest food is the best.

I discovered that fact one day at communion.

Anonymous said...

There are those of us who lose to be healthy because we are overweight! Then there are those who are those who lose weight because they want to stay young and look young and are a bit vain. I don't deprive myself of food I love just eat less of it.

Erin said...

I agree with Holly. As one who just had the surgery, I can tell you that it is not without effort - and MAJOR sacrifices.

julie said...

Its not about deprivation, its about getting healthy and being comfortable and confident with your body. And as I learned yesterday, women's motabolisms slow down at 25 and every 5 years thereafter. So it really does take more work to stay at a healthy weight. Plus, when there are actual health concerns at play, its necessary to get healthy to enjoy the good food for a lot longer!

Related Posts with Thumbnails