Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Discussion Sidenotes

1. I am absolutely thrilled with the participation and active discussion taking place in regards to the "debate" we have touched upon. I am overwhelmed with thankfulness that I have in my life so many intelligent, well spoken, opinionated people. THANK YOU.

2. Debate really means Discussion in my mind.

3. Can someone else please explain to D. that this is not anger driven, hateful, or attacking... that I was in fact trying to facilitate a discussion of interest/communication with his family members (and others) and thereby creating an even stronger bond between us? Please. I cannot seem to make this point.

4. Critic, I enjoy your book reviews, but I am horrible with comments. I regularly read them, often agree, and use as a guide when I need a new book. Most recent case: The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, I read after reading your review, as a direct result, actually. In many cases I will be standing in the book store, staring at a shelf and say, " Didn't he just review that one?" I may not comment but isn't knowing that your words are making a direct impact on my life much better than a silly comment?

A.

2 comments:

The Critic said...

I guess it'll have to do. Don't you have an iPhone still? You can always check my reviews while you're in the store, right?

As for Dave and his worries about anger? fu*k that punk-@$$ chump. I challenge him to a fistfight, winner gets all the girls.

Wait, damnit, isn't that just more sexism?

The Critic said...

still no separate profiles, eh? this is a dish of teh weakness served up with weak sauce with a side helping of weekly weak.

Related Posts with Thumbnails