Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What Have We Done Lately?

I have not written much lately, which is largely in part due to writers block. I have kept a journal since I was a kid, and I have always written short stories. Over the past 6 months, I have abandoned my journal, and over the past 3, I have been unable to write a decent short story (not for lack of trying). My characters were dull, and lifeless. My plots were boring and ordinary. My words, lacking any luster. So, I have given up. For now. I am focusing on reading more (please visit the link to the right "A. Books" and sign up to be my friend on goodReads.com). I would also like to improve/update my vocabulary, so if you know me and want to buy me some vocabulary/literature related Christmas gifts, they would be welcomed (hint, hint). D. and I have purchased Scrabble, and have been playing a lot lately, though who ever gets the only "Z" and/or "Q" wins without much competition.

I haven't added much on here, since I have begun to feel like my thoughts/opinions are unwanted, or taken too seriously. I realize I am an opinionated person, and I speak my mind. I realize as a result that others disagree. I encourage spirited debate as I think it enables everyone to listen to each other and grow. I am not, ever, personally attacking anyone with my comments, and hope that in the future, as I continue to post my thoughts that we can remain civil. D. and I sometimes disagree, but I feel this makes our relationship interesting and stronger. We are able to listen to each other, yet still have our own sense of individuality. I believe some of the best couples I know (you know who you are) are great together BECAUSE they disagree, and because they often engage in debate, learning from each other. It would be awfully boring to be with someone who just agreed with you all the time. *ick*

Lately, I have also been busy. My company celebrated our 5th Anniversary last week. We are still growing and still going strong, even in today's market, when other Investment Banking firms are suffering. I did not know how much I could enjoy working in a business related field until now. I love it, and am very happy. I plan on going to grad school in the next year or so (once D. finishes) to get my MBA in operations/marketing.



I will try to contribute more soon.
A.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I wish I was more into reading. But I did buy a new book the other day.
The Chicken who saved Christmas by Daniel Hawarth.

Related Posts with Thumbnails