Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fireworks


I remember being a little girl, and watching my hometown fireworks on the 4th of July through the sunroof of our old silver Nissan. I remember this one particular year because a. we were sitting inside the car and b. it was the first year I remember seeing the large, golden fireworks that seem to linger in the air. Ever since then, those have been my favorite.

Last year, D. and I attended The Taste of Chicago 2007, briefly. Just long enough to learn that WAY too many people attend, but it's worth it for the Chicago Macy's Spectacular Firework's Show. Last year was the best fireworks show we had ever seen. And, also, the most people we had ever witnessed in one area. We thought this would be our last visit to The Taste.

But, when July approached, we couldn't resist the urge to buy tickets, eat all types of foods, visit Buckingham fountain, and of course, watch the fireworks. This year, my parents joined us and we had a GREAT time. Still one of the best fireworks shows I have ever seen.

The Taste of Chicago 2008 was one of the best summer weekends we have spent. ( In my opinion)

We stopped by the bean.
We stood by the Fountain.
We "mingled", and ate some food.
We settled in to watch the fireworks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baw ah, kasagad sa imo maghimo blog. Nalingaw gd ko basa.

Anonymous said...

You get the strangest comments!

Sounds like fun. I'd love to attend the Taste of Chicago someday!

red

Anonymous said...

I want to visit Chicago, but alas, the hotels, food costs...and everything else are by far way too much for a country kiddo like me. *SADFACE.....I swear,if I could visit anywhere it would be Chicago....

The Critic said...

Me likes the bean.

Related Posts with Thumbnails