Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Random Thoughts

I was asked on Myspace to do this, and for the life of me, I don't know why I did, but here it is again..

I have been "tagged", by yet another e-version of the old chain letters we used to write as kids. I suppose, just this once, I will succumb to the temptation and respond. I am supposed to write 16 random things about myself, then, choose 10 people to force this upon. And, I believe there is a " no tag-back rule" So here goes....

Random thoughts:
1. Today, I wish I had a British accent, because, I have realized that everything I say would be much more interesting if I said it with a British accent.

2. I need to go back to Europe. I just finished interviewing someone who spent all semester in Barcelona, and I was insanely jealous. I miss Europe.

3. I am currently on a Chuck Palahnuik kick, and have been reading or re-reading all of his books. I am currently on Choke, which is about a sex addict/medical school dropout. (Palahnuik wrote Fight Club, for all of my non-literary friends, as a point of reference)

4. I have always wanted to write a book, maybe one day I will really do it, though, to be honest, I probably won't, since my writer side most identifies with Johnny Depp's character in Secret Window ( by no means my favorite film) in which he is either asleep, or drinking, or crazy the entire time he is attempting to write.. and this particular lifestyle doesn't fit neatly into my work schedule.

5. I may have completely lost all respect for Edward Norton, I am not sure about this yet, but I have a feeling it might be coming... as he will be the Hulk. Aside from Batman, and Xmen, all the other comic book inspired films have sucked. Sorry if you like Spiderman, but you cannot tell me that Toby Mcquire, and Kirsten Dunst are superior actors, and, by the way, the special effects in those movies... well... yeah.. not so much. But remember, if you will, Catwoman, The Punisher, Daredevil, Elektra, and the new Superman, can you really tell me any of those are good?

6. My boss has no concept of time and space. This is because he is a multi-millionaire who commands his own functionality without it. This is also very frustrating for me on a daily basis, as the rest of the world demands a certain level respect for the laws of nature.

7. I think I might have forgotten to put deodorant on today. Though, I cannot be sure, as I was in a hurry and still half asleep this morning. I sprayed body spray on myself once I arrived to work, just in case. So far, I don't think I smell, but nevertheless I hate when that happens.

8.If I write really long random things, can I only write 8, instead of 16?

9. In my opinion, truly intelligent people do not ever have to offer proof. ( ie: what school they attended, their gpa and test scores, or awards; they may have these things, but they are unnecessary)

10. Apparently, Pledge can repair scratched CD's. Who knew?

11. I have read, enjoyed and own the entire work, The Divine Comedy by Dante. (Not just The Inferno but the ENTIRE work.)

12. VOX POP is the place to be! Leave comments, I live for comments. Hey, since you are already here... leave a comment.

13. I often hum, Hard Days Night by The Beatles, and I think this might be a result of my mother listening to them often while she was pregnant with me, and also throughout the better part of my childhood. As a side note, the order of songs and all the lyrics, on Anthology 1 are also burned into my memory.

14. " I know the Hancock Building, will eclipse the afternoon moon"

15. Even though I crave the city, and love the fact that it feels alive, I am still and always will be a hillbilly at heart. Need proof? 5 facts: I listen to Country Music. (not exclusively, but still...) I will go barefoot most of the summer. I prefer a pick up to a car. I say, " y'all". I know how to ride a horse,change a flat tire, jump a car and cast a fishing pole.

16. My favorite Bruce Willis movie is, Last Man Standing.

Names not included in this version

A.

2 comments:

The Critic said...

So, are you expecting us to comment on your list or put our own 16 things in comments? Decisions decisions.

Anonymous said...

I am currently on a Chuck Palahnuik kick, and have been reading or re-reading all of his books.
"me too!"

hehehhe I am tyler durden!


choke!!!

try irwin welsh-flith crazy! hard to read but crazy tape worm crazy! tape worm?

Related Posts with Thumbnails